AirTag - New Apple Product

Did anyone purchase an AirTag today?

1 Like

No, I really like the idea of it but theres too many things that make it useless :frowning:

Basically like Tile, clearly Apple wanting to get on the bandwagon! - However, if AirTags can communicate with any iPhone running compatible versions of iOS they will beat Tile hands down which requires the Tile app. I have used Tile for years. They used to only pair with your phone and only with others if lost. Nowadays they communicate with any phone nearby running the Tile app.

The problem with airtags is if your sat on the bus people will get a pop up near you saying they are being tracked

Only if their AirTag becomes separated from them but remains following your phone, Apple have ensured users are protected against unauthorised tracking.

1 Like

Since I heard about it, around a year ago, I’ve been excited to get my hands on one, so I did buy one on Friday. From what I have read there are a lot of positives, and the battery is replaceable - yeaaah!
I’ll let you know what I think when I receive it.

2 Likes

Saw a couple of them in action today. The leather case the person had for it to attach to his keys costs £3 more than the tag itself :man_shrugging:

That’s correct - I bought one, got it Friday. :joy:

I love it to be fair, been waiting since I heard the rumour Apple were making one.

Ordered another one as well, due to arrive shortly.

3 Likes

Do they work well like Tile?

I don’t know how Tile works, never had one. But with AirTag, if lost, it will communicate with all Apple Devices to send you the location, and if you have a NFC phone (either iPhone or Android), you can see who the AirTag belongs to which will also have a contact number to contact the owner - if the AirTag has been put in Lost Mode.

Oh dear, not so good! :laughing:

1 Like

I took no notice of this and went and bought another AirTag :joy:

I fully bought into AirTags now. I’ve followed a guide to deconstruct the tag into a slimmer form factor (more like a credit card form factor) although it’s not something I would still carry in my wallet often.

How are others getting on with them?

1 Like

Still on the fence about buying them even tho I’m in the apple ecosystem

1 Like

I’ve got two AirTags for two sets out keys. Love 'em. But then I’m a bit Apple fan.

1 Like

Great! I attached one to my office chair! Someone keeps moving it even if I try and “hide” it in a sea of other chairs. So now I can go into the office and easily find it within seconds :star_struck:

2 Likes

Well I went & bought an Airtag just to try it out. So far compared to my Tile Pro key tags the Airtag has only one advantage, pinpointed it exactly. Beyond that a complete let down! So really only much use if you already know where you lost something! Going to try leaving it at work and see if other people’s phones ping it. Tile obviously relies on other people’s Tile app running but that has worked flawlessly over the past 3 years, the range far exceeding the quoted but Airtag barely makes a connection in the next room! Yeah not great! The highest range I’ve had with Tile is around 500m which far exceeds the quoted range. Airtag, 20m with 30m max! Mmmmmm!