App loading with blank information - Android

Sometimes when i launch the tymit app on android everything doesnt load properly and appears blank. I have to force stop the application and re-launch for things to load properly

App Version: 1.7.5
Last Update: 1/3/2021

Device: Google Pixel 5

Picture’s of issue:

@Jamesj015 The Android app has had an update today, this may have resolved your problem.

2 Likes

No it’s still happening

I get this too :point_up: Pixel 5.
Have to close app and restart for everything to load in.

1 Like

Glad I’m not the only one. @Oisin is the Tymit gang aware of this?

This has happened to me since I joined Tymit (last June). I have raised it on here months ago and they said it was passed to the team to look at.
Even if they fix it now its become habit to force close and reopen the app so doubt I would even notice it was fixed haha

These habits become so easy to form I find but it still takes me until March to consistently type 2021 instead of 2020 :joy::joy:

Not good. @Oisin :sweat_smile: Is the team aware of this or close to a fix?

@Jamesj015 @robsug @pchappell246 I’ll check in with the product team and see if I can get some more info for you.

2 Likes

Has there been any updates on this? The app has always done this as long as I can remember, on my pixel 3 and now on my pixel 5. I just see it as a feature of tymit now and just automatically log into the app, close the app and open it again in order to use it. At the begining I thought it was just because the app was realitive new, but it has been some time now and it still does it.

Hi @carlos Welcome to the community, I’m a Android user as well and automatically close the App and login again each time. Yes it has been going on for a while and is still on the to fix list for Tymit, not sure when, but hopefully @Oisin will give us an update soon. It is a little annoying but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks, Yeah its been over a year now. I checked when I actually signed up to tymit and its been like it from the start. Hopefully it will get sorted soon.

Do you have any more information on this? Is there a fix planned any time soon? Thanks

I would also be interested in any updates on this @Oisin I see mention of it ongoing since last year.

It’s getting quite annoying now having to open the app twice. Would be good to see some of the android issues being addressed.

hi @Billy @carlos, the short answer is yes, we have a fix planned, but it won’t be live until we launch the new app design.

From what I understand, it’s not a straightforward fix and is best done as part of the design refresh, which isn’t too far away.

Hope that helps for now :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

So your getting two for the price of one everyone. The new app design and a fix for the bug. Not to bad if I say so myself :+1:

3 Likes

That’s great, thanks for the update. I’m even more excited about the new design now :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! Sounds great. Seems like it would be a waste of time fixing the current app with a new deisgn on the way :slight_smile:

Looking forward to seeing the new design when its ready!

3 Likes

The new design has been released but the issue hasn’t happened resolved, now it shows an error message instead of the blank screen and the only way around it is to completely kill the app and reopen it.

APP Version 1.14.1 on android 11

It’s always been like that on Android, the old design gave you a blank screen and the new design gives you an error message just to confirm it doesn’t work right.

Don’t think it’s a priority since it’s never worked properly in over a year. Just close and open again each time you want to use the app and you’ll be alright :smirk: