Application, Acceptance,

What will the application process be like?
If successful is it based on your credit score or credit kudos software that scans your banking history and transactions ? Any links appreciated thanks

1 Like

@Davey86 Soft check only.

2 Likes

Hi @Davey86, that’s a great question! I work within the operations team here at Tymit and I’d love to help answer your question.

Once, you receive an invitation you’ll be able to apply for an account with us directly from the app.

We believe in transparency and putting customers first, that’s why we do an initial soft credit check which doesn’t negatively impact your credit file.

If you are accepted after the soft credit check, only then will we proceed with a full credit search. We aim to make credit clearer and we understand that there’s a lot to be done before we achieve this but we’re working on getting there.

3 Likes

How long is the waiting list, cant wait to be apart of tymit

1 Like

Cant wait to join just a shame android will take a little longer been on your waiting list since day one great product and so refreshing and new keep up the good work. PS i need an invite or can i beta test the android app?

1 Like

Thanks for reply’s :+1:

Would you be able to explain how your onboarding works exactly?

How are you able to tell you’re giving people credit which is affordable to them based on a soft check and fully guarantee them the credit, or am I misunderstanding?

Is it a system where you soft check to satisfy KYC and then hard check to work out if you can lend to them? I’m struggling to understand how you can be in line with legislation around giving customers credit that they’ll be able to meet the repayments on

@Recchan As part of being a regulated credit provider we are required to lend responsibly, to help us do this we rely on many factors and this includes but isn’t limited to credit checks. During the on-boarding process, we also request information to determine your affordability which we then validate against information that is available to us. We’re confident that we have created a transparent on-boarding process which we can’t wait for you to try out!

1 Like

Is there a minimum earnings limit? I’d prefer if you guys did an AmEx and gave me a solid 1/4 of what I make in a year per month so it can cover bigger expenses :grimacing:

1 Like

How do I apply I think I’ve set up an account - can anyone help ???

1 Like

@Smigger81 there is currently a waiting list for a Tymit account, we are testing with a select group of users and will be sending invites shortly afterwards.

1 Like

Hi, we know that as best practice you have to make the statutory credit checks, and would expect no less. I have a 118118 credit card that is great for what I need one for, it is just a fixed fee of £** per month plus a minimum repayment. No interest charges, no fees for a cash advance from cash machines and a great managable limit. Reading some of the comments/questions through the pages this would be a great format to incorporate within the Tymit card and it works. Not everyone needs balances of over £1000+

1 Like

I suppose that if anyone has bad credit it’s unlikely that they will be accepted for a card

1 Like

Would be amazing if you could provide a “credit builder” card. I literally don’t care about the amount, could be limited to 20-30-50 GBP/month, I just cannot get accepted to any other credit card but I wanna start building credit score. And I think I’m not alone.

thankssss!!

3 Likes

Must agree I’m the same can’t get a card with other providers

3 Likes