Booster declined after receiving and loading card

Tymit is a waste of time.

I applied for Booster because I know my credit is not good and want to use it to build my credit while paying £120 a year for that privilege. I was approved for Booster and a card sent out to me. I was asked repeatedly to add money to the card which I did and then the app asked me to go through registration again.

I shared my frustration with the community and, I think, a moderator asked me to raise a ticket which I did. Then what did I see in my email -

We really appreciate your interest in Tymit.

Unfortunately, we won’t be able to offer you a Tymit account at this time.

If you feel your circumstances have changed, we’ll welcome an application from you after a minimum of 6 months.

Rest assured that your credit history was not negatively impacted by our decision.
emphasised text.

What is the purpose of a Booster if you are going to be turned down despite the fact that a fee will be charged monthly?

Total waste of my time. Pls refund my deposit and go away with your rubbish product.

I’m a little confused, you raised a ticket for this two days ago so is it still in progress and being looked at?

It could be an automated email for the regular Tymit and not Booster but have you actually had confirmation from your original support ticket that this is correct?

Here is the complete email I received. I am confused too.

Hi Daniel,

We really appreciate your interest in Tymit.

Unfortunately, we won’t be able to offer you a Tymit account at this time.

If you feel your circumstances have changed, we’ll welcome an application from you after a minimum of 6 months.

Rest assured that your credit history was not negatively impacted by our decision.

While we can’t provide precise information, we can say that the decision was influenced by the information we received from the credit bureaus. You may wish to directly contact them if you would like to find out what information they hold. You can find more details about the bureaus we use here [https://www.experian.co.uk/crain/index.html](https://mandrillapp.com/track/click/31132064/www.experian.co.uk?

Thanks again for your interest in Tymit,

Team Tymit

It suggests to me that either the application was for regular Tymit and is automated (you didn’t qualify for it but do for Booster) or worst case they cannot lend to you at all.

This can happen in some situations which I won’t detail here but still worth checking your file for any missed payments or flags you aren’t away of.

PS: I would still wait for a response on your support ticket just in case it clarifies the same.

I applied for Booster, got the card and could see my Booster account on iphone app which I was able to logged into and play around in. I was shown my balance as £0 and was prompted to deposit which I did.

My deposit is not returned yet. £50 just to start off.

It was a booster account.

Hi Daniel, I understand this. My point being they are referencing Tymit, not Tymit Booster in the email, so it could be an automated email for an application to Tymit that you were sent.

Hence suggesting you wait for the support desk to confirm it can be ignored and they work to resolve your Booster access, or they confirm it’s correct.

I hope you get it resolved soon but as support are busy, creating multiple threads slows things down rather than speeding things up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you. I am really disappointed in the whole process.

1 Like

Hi Daniel,

So you were already approved, received the card and topped up the account. Going by your other post you then had trouble logging into the app and it took you through registration again.

I’m just wondering if the rejection email is to do with that second application and not the original since you already had it all set up.

Was there no option for existing user to sign in by entering your mobile number?

I might be wrong but looks like you applied again while already having an active account, Someone else had a similar issue with not being able to login a couple of weeks ago and this sounds similar.

You could be right. As soon as I transferred the money and I got notification of deposit received in my Gmail I opened the app and tried to login then I found out I have been completely logged out and no option to log in again except to do input email and start all over again. I was able to login just before I transferred deposit and I use face recognition on my iPhone.

Perhaps try delete and reinstall the app to see if the existing customer login appears. You should be able to enter your mobile number to start the login process.

I suspect your account is fine and that email was because you applied again, If it was an account closure email it would of been worded differently saying the account is closed and you can safely dispose of your card.

Please let us know how you get on.

I will try that. Thank you for your help.

I just did now. Deleted and re-installed the app and this is what I get

@Oisin can you look into this?

1 Like

Hi jase

Im a booster account for less than 4 days and already had £9.95 fee taken. This is awful for less than a week as a customer.

Really strange, Hopefully you get an update from customer support at some point today. I’m not sure if that second application has caused an issue that needs fixed from their side.

@Darren74 this thread is about a different issue, You already have you’re own thread here:

You have also posted the same in a 3rd thread totally unrelated to your issue. Appreciate you are looking for help but going off topic on different threads makes this more difficult.

1 Like

Hi @oydan2, I can see that customer services has been in touch today. The ticket is still open, so it’s berst to pick this up with the team directly. It should all be cleared up soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I hope so. At least you can refund my deposit.

Hi
My deposit has not been returned. The account is closed for whatever reason after I paid deposit. Pls could you get whoever is responsible to return my £50 deposit?

Just imagine I had put in a thousand pounds like I originally contemplated?

Hi @oydan2 , I can see that the team is already on this, but I’ll ask them to update you directly.