Credit reference agency and credit score

I was wondering, which credit agencies does Tymit refers to for credit approval? TransUnion, Equifax or Experian?

Could Tymit card be used to improve my credit score?

Thank you :pray:t2:!

I could be wrong but I think they use Transunion (callcredit/creditKarma) I read somewhere.

1 Like

Tymit use CreditKarma

2 Likes

Do they report to all 3?

1 Like

As far as I am aware they do

1 Like

Awesome, I’m in the middle band for CK so might have a small hope of getting the card prior to my adverse dropping!

No idea how I’m so high, but it’s better than the other two!

I just got in to apply and got turned down so not sure what their criteria is but it’s ridiculously high as I’m in a 700+ on Experian :flushed:

1 Like

I was declined, unsurprisingly!

My only feedback is that I really don’t believe customers should be uploading documents/selfies for a declined application.

Given the current climate around data protection/data misuse, it’s quite unnerving for a third party to be holding data on an application that had no prospects of proceeding (I assume, due to the very quick load speed, the decision was made prior to verifying my ID).

I appreciate they are regulated and well known for those of us that work in the industry or interact with multiple platforms, but the average “Joe Bloggs” won’t know them.

Assuming you use “Electronic Identification” or similar (as well as the ID), I think those with medium/high scores should be given their decision straight away.

As an example, if I took the same basic data I put into your form and went to any high street bank then (unless it referred) it would instantly tell me if it was accepted/declined - so if it was stolen data or similar, pretty much all high street banks still show an instant decision without further validation. I’d hope for something similar from you guys eventually, but understand it’s a company specific appetite to the risk.

Other than that, all straightforward and as expected. See you in 6 months when my adverse drops!! :slight_smile:

1 Like