Getting a refund to your current account

Due to the ongoing covid situation I had a hotel reservation refunded and sent to my tymit credit card which has put this in credit. I raised this to support last Saturday 2 May as I wanted a refund to my current account as I could really do with this money. As yet no definite answer. All I got was they are looking into this. Anyone else had a similar and frankly poor experience on this issue.

1 Like

Due to the ongoing covid situation I had a hotel reservation refunded and sent to my tymit credit card which has put this in credit. I raised this to support last Saturday 2 May as I wanted a refund to my current account as I could really do with this money. As yet no definite answer. All I got was they are looking into this. Anyone else had a similar and frankly poor experience on this issue.

Did you pay for the hotel booking with your Tyimit card?
if so i don’t think Tymit can demand the hotel to readress the refund to a current account.

Hi the refund has already been credited to my tymit credit card account and this has left me with a positive credit card balance. As with other credit card companies you can request to have the positive balance sent from your credit card to your bank account. Now over a week later tymit are still looking into this with no update as yet. Thanks.

I had this happen with my Lloyds card. Had the money in my current account the next day.

1 Like

Hi @Gordyni thank you so much for bringing this to our attention.

I’m very sorry that you have experienced a delay, our team have reached out to you directly to share an update.

I can assure you that this was an exception and normally requests, like yours, are processed considerably quicker. Your patience is really appreciated!

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to update me. Much appreciated. This has now been sorted today and monies returned to my current account. Really appreciate all your help. G

ah wasn’t aware! that’s actually great to know
learnt something new in the world of credit cards!

1 Like

This topic has been moved from ‘Feedback & Ideas’