New Credit Limit Increases

We have some exciting news to share :smiley:

Today, for the first time, we’ll start contacting customers with the offer of a credit limit increase :tada:

Many of you have asked about accessing bigger limits with Tymit, so we’re really excited to finally be able to make it happen.

I’m sure there will be plenty of questions, but there are a few important details to note:

• This is the start of a process. And it’s very early days. Of course, we’re a bit limited in what we can do as we’re a growing startup, but this is just the beginning.

• Not everyone will be offered an increase. Don’t worry. If you don’t get one, there are other ways you may be able to increase your limit in future.

• You don’t have to accept it. Just let us know if you’d like to turn the offer down. You won’t be negatively impacted in any way.

• We’ll be launching a credit limit review process in future. I don’t have an exact timeline for this just yet, but I’ll keep you updated when I know more.

Any questions, just let me know :point_down: and I’ll do my best to get you an answer!

15 Likes

Boom :boom:
Amazing news for a lot of users here @Oisin

1 Like

Good news indeed, I only joined Tymit in November so probably won’t qualify for an increase but look forward to the progress on this and what the review process will be.

3 Likes

Great news, so many have asked for this so it’s good to see some progress. Doubt I’d be eligible as a newish customer but certainly happy for all those who qualify.

Definite step in the right direction :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks for the update! Great to see work is being done in this area for tymit customers.

1 Like

This is amazing @Oisin - I just got my email and I’m happy :slight_smile:

Keep these reviews coming. I’m definitely accepting what I’ve been offered! :+1:

6 Likes

I got a surprise email too yesterday and am happy with the generous limit I’ve been offered which I will be accepting good job!

5 Likes

I got a £2k limit when I signed up, I’m happy with that - but I’m glad that people that want more are being invited to have more. Well done team Tymit! :grin:

2 Likes

Wow that was quick! Just got notice my increase has been applied. Time to book my holiday! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lucky you haha! Can’t wait to be out of booster and into the main account. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’ve not had an increase offer yet but it’s probably due to only being a customer for three months. I am a little disappointed because the limit is so low compared to my other cards and it’s the only thing really making it hard to justify keeping it.

@mg453 Welcome to the forum, hopefully you will get a limit increase in the coming months.

2 Likes

Still an unusable limit for me. I suspect it’s chicken and egg now - I don’t use the card much because the limit is so low, but I don’t be offered an increase because I’m not using it regularly… :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

@Gaoler How long have you had the account, and using the account regularly does help. :grinning:

Customer since Nov 19 but no increase, though I don’t use the card too much at the moment as I’m not travelling anywhere. Hopefully that will change soon.

@Sholao is right. When we look at increasing limits, one of the big factors is how you manage the account, so using it regularly is definitely a help if you’re looking for an increase!

1 Like

I can’t see why a low limit is an issue to be fair. If you want increase you need to show you are responsible using the credit and regularly use it. Even £50 limit would give you £15 which is 30% sweet spot for usage. Get fuel or a take away and pay it on the statement date and build your relationship with the credit card provider.

I agree but disagree at the same time, that concept is great for a standard credit card but people here want to utilize the Buy now pay later feature of the card and spread the cost of high value items. Which you cant do with a small credit limit!

2 Likes

Correct, but this is the game with creditors, you play the game until they open you more lines and you can play more. :slight_smile:

Ps I wanted the buy now and pay later feature too. I have £27k+ available credit and I was declined for regular Tymit, so I have the Booster until they invite me to the regular card. :slight_smile:

No to be honest i have never seen this. I have never noticed anything like that. Capital One increased my credit limit upon request and i hardly used the card. Then when i moved to barclaycard they offered me £500. I didnt really use the card that much but wanted to make a big purchase i had 2 year interest free period, 6 months in i asked for a credit limit increase and was given £3,500.00. Then used it to buy a computer.

I can see the attraction to wanting a high credit limit right from the get go with Tymit, its mostly important to understand affordability and expendature outside of Tymit for these kind of things. I find it very concerning that you have over 27k in available credit and was declined for Tymit, thats a lot of available credit for one person. Anyhow, its a mystery and what people wants varies from person to person.

The world of credit is a mystery and most likely will always be a mystery. How many credit cards is that 27k split across?