Payment & Billing Issues

Good afternoon Tymit community, we’ve become aware of a number of payment and billing issues which affected a small group of users during the latest billing cycle.

In cases where a pre-payment was made, prior to the end of the billing period, users were seeing conflicting billing amounts within the app. This led to an understandably high level of frustration and confusion around how much was due and the total outstanding balance.

Transparency is one of our core values as a company and this fell well short of the experience we strive to provide for our customers. For this we’d like to unreservedly apologise to all those affected.

We can reassure everyone that the underlying problems which led to this confusion have been identified and will be resolved soon.

Reinventing the credit card is a big challenge and one that comes with some teething issues. However, the vision we have to make credit honest and safe remains our driving focus.

We’ve had a lot of feedback about providing Direct Debit as a payment option and can reassure you that this is currently in development and one of our top priorities.

Thank you for your continued support and understanding, especially in these difficult times. We hope everyone is staying safe and positive out there!

3 Likes

@Tom
Thanks for the update much appreciated.
Keep safe take care.

1 Like

@Tom

This sounds exactly like the issue I have just reported here: Monthly Bill incorrectly deducts payment of previous bill

Is this issue not fixed? And what happens when my September bill due date arrives? I have paid it, but the app seems to have attributed it towards October. I don’t want to miss a payment I have already paid.

Thanks!
Sam

I think I had the same issue yesterday. After my payment it said the amount I owed for October was £0, but it has now corrected itself.

It’s just how it works from experience. If you pay early it records it, 1st of the month bill due, by the 2nd it updates as settled. Confusing to begin with but you get used to seeing it!

Can’t seem to get a quick enough response on my bill being incorrect and its due today. I’d rather not pay the full balance when its been split over a few months. Used the chat but for an urgent issue the response time is so slow. Anyone else having this problem and managed to get it resolved?

We’ve heard your feedback and we have exciting news around how we receive your payments! :raised_hands:

You can now instantly pay your Tymit statement without having to wait hours or days to reflect on your account. :tada:

Exciting news, right? So how can you take part?

Please, help us out with this exciting new feature by following the steps below and share your feedback via hello@tymit.com. This allows our amazing team at Tymit HQ to continue to help improve this for you.

Important details to know:

1. You’ll see new details in the app (under the pay bill button) to use when you make payments in the future. We’ve shared a new sort code and account number, which means if you have saved the previous details, we recommend that you change these over. This is where the magic happens!

2. Please, remember to add your reference (this helps makes it a smooth process for us)

3. When you attempt to make a transfer from your bank account you may receive a notification informing you that your bank is unable to verify the payee. I’d like to reassure you that this is safe and a trusted method. We are happy to talk through any concerns that you may have directly via in app chat or email.

You can also find some other updates to our product here: Product: Past, Present and Future!

Let us know your thoughts and have a great week ahead! :blush:

3 Likes

Is it possible to remove the spacing in the app where you display the new account number?

At the moment, it shows as 080 614 40 instead of 08061440 which stops the copy and paste function working properly as other websites/apps produce an error due to the blank spaces.

2 Likes

Android app? - There’s no spaces in the iOS app

Yes, in the Android app

Majority of the issues that users report seem to stem from the Android app, functionality, formatting, layout etc. I’m not an Android fan, I know so many people who seem to have issue after issue.

I don’t think it’s anything to do with Android as a platform. Instead, it’s just that Tymit’s android app launched later and is less mature than its iOS one

Not sure if this is related to the new payment system, but it seems an old Standing Order I set up has gotten lost at Tymits end.

I’ve had a SO set up since the first use of the card; can you elaborate on wether or not the old details will still continue to work, or if there is a deadline to switch over.

Not sure if my payment not being visible issue is related to this or not.

Thanks for the heads up and I’m sorry you had this issue. You are correct that we are still playing catch-up with Android but this is definitely something that fell through the gaps. :disappointed:
I have added this to our stack of work and hope to have it out ASAP! :rocket:

1 Like

Thanks for raising this!

We won’t have a deadline on when the old details will stop working but it’s expected that payments to that account will take longer. I’d recommend updating your SO (if possible) to our new details so that you too can benefit from the real-time payments.

I can see that your particular payment has been resolved, but if that’s not the case give me a shout and I’ll pick this up!

I wonder if I am affected. I think I repaid my November statement down to zero. And it is somehow gone from the app, instead of showing that zero is due by December the 7th.

At the moment the app, under bills, show the October one due by 7th November, and next one is December one due by 7th of January. Thus November bill which should be in-between is missing :frowning:

After a refund last month, I paid off my remaining balance on 1st Dec. Now it shows zero balance but also a missed payment and saying I need to pay my bill.

Hi @chistery, I’ve spoken with the customer services team about this for you and they can see the issue.
Could you get in touch with them at support@tymit.com, using the reference number 1044 ?

Hi @Oisin Will do! Thanks. I did raise a ticket on Sat (11754) but not had a reply so far.

@Oisin Can you see if there’s any update on my ticket please? (11754) Thanks!