Planned Downtime - 27 April 2021

Hi Tymit Community!

We’ve scheduled some planned maintenance for tomorrow at 6.30 am. :wrench: This will last around 10 minutes. App access and purchases will be unavailable during this time. :no_entry_sign:

The Tymit app will be temporarily unavailable for this scheduled maintenance, occurring on 27 April 2021 from 06:30 - 06:40 AM BST. :gear:

We’re sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. This downtime is scheduled so that we can upgrade our services for better scalability. It will improve our performance and help us provide the best and most effective payments service! :rocket:

Let me know if you have any questions :slight_smile:

Mike

2 Likes

Hi @mike.brozowski

Will this just be an upgrade server side or should we look out for an updated app version on the app store or play store once the maintenance is complete?

I hope for the love of god, that the new design will be the update. :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We live in hope :crossed_fingers: the new design looks much better I can’t wait for that update!

2 Likes

Have had an update for iOS available this evening

@Billy just server-side work with AWS.

It’s only performance-related maintenance at the moment, I’m afraid! Nothing juicy, at least not on the front-end yet. New designs not too far away though! :slightly_smiling_face:

Mike

1 Like

Thanks for that @mike.brozowski please could you keep us updated regarding the new design I’m really excited about it…

1 Like

Will do, @Billy! We are, too :blush:

4 Likes

Tonight I might just eat some Apple pie, which I paid for with Apple Pay… :thinking::wink::zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Did the update include Apple Pay Jase? Shame there is no Android pie :laughing:

Won’t allow me to add my card to Apple Pay so must be a closed beta if it is available

Yeah @jase is such a tease :laughing: I even tried adding mine to Google pay and got Tymit mobile wallet terms and conditions and thought it was going to work.

All that excitement and it failed to setup :cry:

1 Like

If you got the terms and conditions it must be really close to being ready didn’t get anything on apply pay just the provider doesn’t support Apple Pay message

1 Like

I’ve not tried adding it before so I don’t know if the Tymit mobile wallet terms and conditions coming up is anything new tbh.

One thing for sure I’m going to try again tomorrow after this maintenance is complete. Especially with Jase being unusually quiet and deciding this particular thread to post that in :thinking:

1 Like

Yes I will give it a try in the morning as well!

1 Like

Just don’t come at me if you’re tapping your phone on every contactless reader and being disappointed tomorrow :joy:

2 Likes

I’m coming directly to you @jase if it doesn’t work in the morning :joy:

1 Like

I really know nothing :wink:

1 Like

Ah so is it a week beta testing you’re doing then if it’s not going to work tomorrow? :face_with_monocle:

Myself and @dudesuper1982 won’t say a thing :zipper_mouth_face: you can trust us bro! I’ll be awaiting a pm :+1:

2 Likes

Before I get myself into any trouble, I’m not beta testing Apple Pay or Android Pay.:iphone:

I am excited for infrastructure improvements however, but that’s just me. :man_shrugging:

The FCA recently released further guidance on the infrastructure of UK financial institutions with regards to various events recently, so I’m always interested in these sorts of things taking place.

But… if I did know any secrets** I never kiss and tell :kissing_heart:

** Reveal Me

**I don’t know any secrets. But I made you look! :eyes:

3 Likes