Tymit booster offered but not needed?

Hey guys.

This is going to be construed as a bitch post and it kind of is.

I tried to sign up for a Tymit card, but am met with a ‘We can’t offer you this right now, try Tymit Booster’
Now, I know a credit score is just a number and doesn’t really mean anything, but I’ve never missed a bill or card payment in the last 8 years.

Clear score is 500/700
Credit Karma is 620/710
Experian is 999/999

I know it’s got to do with something, but I don;t feel I need a Tymit booster card at all. I especially don’t want to pay a monthly fee to be able to spend money - I mean, that makes even less sense. If you already can’t afford to pay your bill, “oh. I know, let’s make it even worse”

I know people say you shouldn’t get a credit card if you can’t handle/afford to borrow.

Where do they pull their credit references from?

Their tag line is “We’re tired of traditional credit cards, so we built one that works for you!” - except I could go to a traditional lender and get one in 5 minutes, I could even call them to find out why they won’t open an account. Just help me understand

Don’t forget they also do their own profiling. For example they may decide they don’t want customer who pays off their balance every month as they are less profitable.

I doubt they would give you a message saying you aren’t profitable so they give a generic message to all people who fail.

1 Like

I did not think of that as a possibility.

I doubt this is the reason. I always pay off my credit card and have been accepted ok. Remember, Tymit also earn money every time you use your card.