What features would you like to see?

Is there a feature in our app you’d love to see? We’re committed to putting you at the heart of our product development and would welcome your input on our future roadmap.

1 Like

The ability to block the card if misplaced/lost. An option to set a hard spending limit so that the card stops working until you enter the app and increase the limit by contacting you guys. If you knew you weren’t going to need to use it for a month or two you could set a limit to prevent any frivolous spending.

6 Likes

Block online gambling option

5 Likes

will you be able to add to your bank account through open banking or add your account onto tymit?

1 Like

Cashback or some kind of reward scheme for sure

3 Likes

@Tom great to see things nearing launch. Fee free is a big attraction and it a great start. Are there fees associated with cash withdrawals (I’m thinking about scenarios such as foreign transactions).

Can I just call out one thing. Please no gimmicks such as metal cards and different card colours. A complete waste of money, time and effort. Stick with the basics and get that right. Look at Monzo. I bank with them and they are great. But they moved away from their core offering by launching Monzo Plus without proper research and have had to regress and it has turned into a shambles.

I’m a product manager by profession and get the need for continuous improvement and searching for innovation especially for a new company. But as I said above get the basics right first and that will draw in customers.

4 Likes

Ability to view where the item was purchased on a map, instant notification, paying off the balance on the app, Apple/android pay is a must, fee free withdrawal or exact exchange rate at overseas, ability to tag the payment .

2 Likes

Android / Apple Pay, and just instant transaction history for the app itself. Since it’s a credit card, a nice way of showing what’s cleared and not cleared so you can see what the next bill will be.

I’d like to be able to use an API like Starling/Monzo to build custom reporting tools as well. It’s sort of interesting what people come up with when using those, even if it’s just a widget on their desktop that shows them what their current balance is :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The ability to copy your card details from the app to another app, when buying something. I do like the idea of a changing CVV for added security.

Choosing how your name will appear on the card at sign up.

3 Likes

Rich merchant information on the transaction list. I think this looks really good in the Starling app.

3 Likes

I think the features I’ve found most useful using Monzo, starling etc is

• being able to use Apple pay
  • instant notifications when spending
  • simple and user friendly interface

What would be a good feature to have is the ability to have a loyalty or rewards scheme where by spending you can earn points which you can convert to real money by completing tasks/transactions with your card. Just gives the account a fun side

5 Likes
  • Rewards scheme or cashback
  • Merchant enrichment as mentioned by @danmullen
  • mobile wallet support with in-app provisioning do you can start spending before your physical card comes using Apple Pay
2 Likes

I’m really not bothered about things like cashback. Low interest rates for all and good customer service is a good start.

1 Like

Why so? Provided you pay back your bill during the beginning period, you have literally saved money by getting cashback

Personally I was willing to part with the money to begin with - so I’d prefer a points system where it can be redeemed for something like Avios or miles with United etc

Perhaps even could use it as a USP and partner with BA and Flux?

Flux connects the receipts from these merchants and BA and you credit Avios based on the receipt amount and items on there :wink:

1 Like

Low/No fees for foreign transactions

2 Likes

@krr13 you’ll be happy to hear that we aren’t planning any gimmicks :slight_smile: We’re currently focused on giving our first customers the best experience possible and continuing to learning how we can improve. Feedback like this is great :+1: and the reason we created our community! Thanks for your input.

4 Likes

Yeah everyone is sure loving an extremely long support wait when I can just call Barclays and get an answer in 2 rings :grimacing:

As well as a 50p a day overdraft on a £20.01 usage :grimacing: what a great product

To follow that up, please @Tom stay away from marketing yourselves to be a friend of the customer. Make a solid product and actually make it amazing, unlike Monzo who are a wolf in sheep’s clothing, out there to nickel and dime you and overcharge you for what you can get elsewhere for cheaper

2 Likes

I’d opt for cashback and/or no non-stirling transaction fees when used abroad. The % fees aren’t really a problem for me as I always pay off in full so I’ve never had any

1 Like

Would live to be Apple to use Apple Pay with the card and have the ability so see your transactions and places as soon as you have used it

2 Likes

Cashback for sure and the ability to credit this to the credit card account at any time.

2 Likes